So today my geekling asked for chocolate milk. It dawned on me that he has never had chocolate milk. Not that it was intentional, he’s just never asked before and I’ve just never thought of it. So, I decided his first experience should be memorable. I gathered the geeklings in the kitchen and informed them that we would be making out very own chocolate syrup. This was so simple and the kids had so much fun helping. The best part – it tasted even better than the store-bought kind!
- 1 Cup water
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Mix all of your ingredients in a saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat until boiling
- Continue to cook, stirring often, until it reached a syrup consistency. Pay attention to make sure you don’t let the mixture burn!
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Pour into a container and store in the refrigerator (I used a plastic bottle with a pour spout on it).