These meatballs are a family favorite. By swapping ground turkey for ground beef you get healthier alternative to standard meatballs without sacrificing any taste!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 egg, large
- 2 piece of whole wheat bread, toasted and then processed into crumbs in a food processor
- 1 packet Lipton onion soup mix
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a baking sheet.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Using 1 Tbs at a time, shape mixture into small balls and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Serve with whole grain pasta and sauce, or make subs by placing meatballs on a whole grain roll with sauce and cheese.